Re: Terry's DRSSTC actually hooked to a coil now >:-))

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

I guess I am not understanding what the "two paths" are here. The two coil system has primary and secondary resonances which beat against each other. One small and the next larger "notches" due to this beating can be seen here:
http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/FullSystem-01.gif

This looks as a system with two natural oscillation frequencies being driven at a third frequency. Ignoring losses and harmonics, the waveforms can be decomposed in a sum of three sinusoids. At 130 us the driver appears to turn off, or invert for some reason, and the enrgy returns to the power supply. The waveforms would always show the two frequencies of the system and the frequency of the driver.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz