Terry's DRSSTC - Cross Conduction test

Hi All,

I tried taking out the cross conduction delay capacitors. I ran off batteries at first then gave it a little juice:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/NoCrossDelay-01.gif

Now the transitions are sharp!!

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/NoCrossDelay-02.gif

Yea!! Close to 2000V/uS!! Ok, that is in the "not a good idea" territory =:O The switching made a little noise now... So the controller "can" run the IGBTs faster than is smart... The box ran solid and the fast transition noise did not seem to hurt anything. So the thing can take some little cross conduction and stupidly high switching speeds....

No damage was done and the delay caps are going right back in!! ;-))

Cheers,

	Terry