Re: Terry's DRSSTC actually hooked to a coil now >:-))

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry,

Nice clean wave forms.

>: Monday, January 31, 2005 9:46 PM
>Subject: Terry's DRSSTC actually hooked to a coil now >:-))

> Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >> x 69 = 3450V. > > This is a really cool scope pic: > > http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/FullSystem-01.gif > > Since I drive off primary current rather than secondary current, I get full > notching and all that. You can easily see how the switching follows the > zero current crossings even though the frequency is shifting between f1 and > f2. There is some discussion on other lists about f1 and f2 things... > (yes, I do spy on you 8o)) but by following primary current, you just > "ride along" with the frequency... Even in this resistive limited primary > case, the primary cap voltage is 3500V and the output voltage is probably > in the 85,000 volt range!! The big top load does not break out but I can > hear that it wants too ;-))

 Why did it miss the zero crossing near the last part of the trace and
change phase so it started to suck out power as opposed to pushing it in?
May not be a problem when you have break out if it occurs before that point.
Is that your scope you can do the FFT on? or was it MathCAD you did that
with?

Can you give me a link to 8o

Robert