Re: A LUA file for BELA (a help to build electrostatic model of TC)

Hi Finn,

At 11:31 AM 12/16/2005, you wrote:
This is where the potting compound comes into the picture. With a voltage standoff ability of 50MV/m it is safe and sound in there, I`l just pour it in. (Yeah I know, no air bubbles, no voids, vacuum)
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/DRSSTC5.jpeg
But whoa! hold your horses! A new area of potentially ionized air has appeared outside the dielectric. Guess I have to pour some more potting in there:
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/DRSSTC6.jpeg
Ok, now it is time to stop simulating and go to the shop.

Note that these people also had some interesting problems with their potting over the HV ;-))

http://teslamania.delete.org/frames/z02d.jpg

Beware that the voltage needed for "surface tracking" can be far less than air arc or corona.

Cheers,

        Terry