Re: Tesla Coil Formula

Hi Jared,

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Jared E Dwarshuis <jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Bart:

We produce torroidal coils where the "natural" resonant frequency is
one wavelength. These coils are very good at producing sparks.

They obey the equation:

2pi n/2 C/ wire = 1/ sqrt (  (u/4pi) x  [(Wire sqrd)/ 2n l]  x  Cap. )

"The application defines the discussion parameters."

We have built many different types of coils using the above equation.
The equation does qualify as a Tesla coil formula. The topic is about
Tesla Coil Formula's.

Yes, you are correct, point taken.
Do you have a picture anywhere on the web that I could look at one of your toroidal coils?

Take care,
Bart