From: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed Dec 14 13:25:00 2005
Subject: Re: Build own capacators

Original poster: tesla popp <teslas_lab@xxxxxxxxx>

Just a little story: I used to defend all the homemade
caps with a vengance, totally set against the idea the
of spending money.  I had just completed my 14th
homemade capacitor (polyethylene-60 mills thick) and
waited 5 days to drive the air out.  Upon powering the
cap with 15kvAC.  I was delited to see such great
preformance from my first run with the cap.

Only 10 seconds into the run "BANG"... I killed the
cap!  As the oil became darker, my concept of
capacitors melted away and I told myself "There MUST
be something better, something more DEPENDABLE"

I frantically began to search the web for lastng
solutions and I came across something I had never
heard of, It was called an M.M.C.,  I decided to go
and spend a bit of $ and see if this thing called a
Multi Mini Capacitor was really all that great.

Let me tell you that since that fateful day, I have
never even considered building another homemade
capacitor, NEVER!  The cd942 series capacitor is THE
BEST CAPACITOR for tesla coil use, PEROID!
It will OUT PREFORM and OUTLAST *ANY* other
comercially available capacitor for the price.  It is
also MORE COMPACT than even some of the maxwells out
there.

Just a thought...
Coiler Forever: Jeremiah Popp

<<mailto:christopher.az.hooper@xxxxxxxxx>christopher.az.hooper@xxxxxxxxx>