Three phase made from a 3Ph induction motor.

Hello all,
Has anyone ever made a three phase generator from a 3 phase induction motor driven by a suitable Horse Power engine or motor with any success? The few sites I have found on this discuss the need to add run capacitance, provide adequate mechanical or ? frequency governing. Apparently this is done by driving the motor at more Rpm then the name plate.
Not quite off topic as I am still building a DC powered coil.

Jim Mora
Ojai, Ca
CYA in Wisconsin!