To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 9:55 AM
Subject: Toroid Building

Hi All,

I'm in the process of making a 8x32 inch toroid using the heavy ducting from McMaster-Carr

I have the toroid formed (ends attached) and I plan to mount an AL disc in the center with a little RTV. I want to fill the corrigations with something that can be easily sanded to make smooth. I am planning on using PLASTER_of_PARIS for this purpose (done after the center disc is mounted for rigidity). After sanding smooth, I plan on sealing the plaster with a varnish and then adding AL tape starting and terminating on the AL disc.

Does anyone see a problem with using the plaster?? Grout is maybe another choice for a filler. Ideas welcomed.

Gerry R.