Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>

> That's really an excellent summary! Although the "average field" is
> considerably lower, the E-field near the tips of streamers must still
> be significantly above 30 kV/cm to support further growth. Further
> streamer-leader propagation can occur as long as the terminal voltage
> rises fast enough to overcome increasing path resistance as the
> leader channel cools. Smaller coils run out of voltage, limiting
> maximum discharge length.

where did you take the data, that large coils are more efficient that
small ones? give me examples of _visible_ superiority. i don`t
consider that Steve Ward's drsstc have such superiority, because 20%
it`s not a lot, it`s not sg coil, and the power is not even more than
5 kw - it`s not so big coil.
let`s see if these given _big_ coils _noticeably_ more efficient than
small ones - i mean by criterion of 1.7 * sqrt(P):

1. Greg Leyh "Electrum"                               - NO
2. Tesla Technology Research "Model 13 M Magnifier"   - NO
3. Kevin Eldridge "BIGGG Tesla Coil"                  - NO
4. Mark Barton 25kw coil                              - NO
5. Ed Wingate 13kw classic coil                       - NO
6. Richard Hull "Nemesis"                             - NO
7. Richard Hull "Magnifier #11E"                      - NO

now your turn - give me the list, that shows the opposite.

what does it mean - "Smaller coils run out of voltage"? you want to
say, if we take 2 coils with the same power, but they would differ in the
secondary height and voltage 2 times for example, the taller coil would
give a lot long sparks? it`s _very_ simple to verify practically -
where is such info?

p.s.
ever and forever, absolutely best performer, supa dupa mega giga coil:
http://www.ttr.com/model9_page2.htm
"Longest arc length is 17 feet with 5 Kva A.C. input."
Freau number is 2.885!!!
1981 - whoa! so you`re all here nothing more than just a losers!
LOL :-)))

-----
I have run coils up to 20KW in residential neighborhoods.  I have
received death threats and have had the police, fire, and department of
water and power all show up at the same time. Screw 'em all.  Keep firin'.
(c) Mark Barton  29-09-95