Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> No wonder my larger DRSSTC has a Freau number greater than 2
> (confirmed 3300W input for 120" sparks).  And interestingly, it seems
> that my sparks would grow from say 3 feet at 450VDC to like 9 feet a
> 500VDC... there was a very sharp point at which the sparks just took
> off (no pun intended).

if your Freau number is _slightly_ greater than 2 at 500v dc (9 feet),
then how much is it at 450v dc (3 feet) - slightly greater than 1? :-)))

-----
I am skeptical about space aliens too, but space aliens have a greater
probability of existence in my opinion than extra garage space...
(c) Richard Quick  6-07-95 03:59