HELP, How to take good time elapsed photographs?

Original poster: Teslamad@xxxxxxx

HELP!

The first time I took time elapsed photos of my old old old coil 5 or 6 years ago they came out superb!!! Recently though... well thats a different story. I have gone through many rolls of film trying to capture the power of "BAMF" Its just not easy to photograph 12ft streamers with a camera that doesn't zoom LOL

So heres the results so far...

I get grained, lite, and kinda greenish backgrounds and the arcs just dont seem very powerful! They are very skinny!

I've tried 400 and 800 speed film
I've tried 3, 6, 9, 12, and 20 second exposures
I've tried taking the pictures at dusk, and night, and with/without ample lighting

Any suggestions?

Also, any ideas of how to get the streamers away from the strike rail WITHOUT redesigning topload or adding capacitance?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!!

Thanks guys

Regards,
~Drew