Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Antonio.

> Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> >for a nonuniform field you don`t need so high voltages - it would be
>  >enough much smaller.
> >http://www.kronjaeger.com/hv/hv/msr/spk/index.html
>
> The 30 kv/cm is for electric field. If the geometry is not two parallel
> plates, breakdown occurs when the electric field somewhere hits this
> value.

i mentioned that if the field is not uniform, then for breakdown of 1cm we
don`t need to put 30kv via electrodes (for example if these electrodes are
needles), so toroid would need aslo smaller voltage. i told about the
_voltage_, you speak about _field strength_.
voltage of discharger could be easily calculated (and it`s the same at any
toroid point), field strength is not.

> the Inca program.

i`ve downloaded it only yesterday - had no time to play with it yet :-)

-----
I am skeptical about space aliens too, but space aliens have a greater
probability of existence in my opinion than extra garage space...
(c) Richard Quick  6-07-95 03:59