Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Steve.

Tl> Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Tl> I only just got the 48" to break out without a breakout point: on
Tl> some attempts it flashed the secondary before breaking out. So this
Tl> suggests that my 30" tall secondary flashes with about 600kV.

it`s bad news for me - around 1 MV/m...
but it could be not so hopelessly - your secondary arced several times
and it`s still alive :-)

>>you didn`t have a couple bucks for RG-213? :-)))

Tl> It _was_ screened cable- Quadflex mic cable with isolating
Tl> transformers at either end. The screen isn't much help when dealing
Tl> with high voltage strikes with fast rise times.

maybe improper grounding of cable screen, ground loops, no? :-)

-----
I am skeptical about space aliens too, but space aliens have a greater
probability of existence in my opinion than extra garage space...
(c) Richard Quick  6-07-95 03:59