Re: 7.1Hz, Frequency variation and Q

Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Tesla list wrote:

> I didn't see any mention of driving the earth's resonances in the post
> I replied to.

IT's the original thread:  how did Tesla put out massive RF at 8Hz?  If he
used beat frequencies, what did the setup look like?

> In the case Tesla mentions he was feeding two
> signals at different frequencies (but both presumably within the
> bandwidth of the resonance) into the primary of a coil and observing the
> phenomena of the discharge as he changed the tuning.

DOH!  Now I get it.  Put small capacitances in series with the TC outputs.
This would sum them together but without wasting lots of power like a
resistor-adder would do.

> 	In the case of driving two TC's into one antenna tower, if the
> secondaries were in SERIES (not sure how you handle the breakdown of the
> one at the top of the grounded one but that's an excercise left to the
> student to figure out) the effect would be the same as long as there
> were no streamers and attendent loading.

That might do it.  But it depends on how much load is presented by the
antenna system.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com