[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: New Coil
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: New Coil
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:40:24 -0600
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old-return-path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:41:24 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <kCLRjC.A.1wD.EcAcCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
MMCs rated 2 kV DC have a 750 VAC rating.
If you run them at Erms x 3.0 you will not have any failures.
> MMC's (self healing) typically fail at twiced their rated voltage
> (according to Terry). Are Maxwells just mmc caps emersed in oil within
> their container??? If so, do you know what the summation of their
> individual ratings are compared to their overall rating???
> Gerry R
> >I have a couple of those Maxwell caps also, and as you, have been
> >concerned about using only one and have always used the two in series. I
> >have read where lots of folks on this list have the same caps. Is anyone
> >only using them individually, or multiple in parallel? If so, with what
> >power supply? I would feel ok at say 10 kv but both of my coils use a 15
> >kv supply and I have just been chicken to find out what kind of voltage
> >they can really take.
> >Ed Sonderman