Re: Primary pipe size/spacing questions?

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

Resistance isn't the main concern in a classic TC sec.   It's the number of
turns and the coil radius that's important for high inductance ratio.
Reasonable Q factor but not critical for great performance.

Use 26 AWG on your 6.25 inch dia. coilform for good performance.  Run at
around 180 mA with .04 uF capacitor on primary.  A good copper pipe primary
gap with 10-12 pipes with 50 cfm cooling fan.  .210 inch maximum gap with
NSTs.  Use a Terry filter on the NSTs.  14 x 4 or 14 x 5 inch toroid atop
sec.  Flat spiral primary.

Dr. Resonance