[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
140VAC - Motorized Variac 0-NOT!! 280V 15A
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: 140VAC - Motorized Variac 0-NOT!! 280V 15A
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:59:50 -0600
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old-return-path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:59:49 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <yKalQD.A.S2H.FQubCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
As it turns out, the varaics are really 140VAC not 240VAC!!!
Superior Electric assumes a three phase neutral center "Y"
configuration. Unless you get another part number when they label it 140
"delta"... I just made the mistake of reading the label >:-p
So, when working with the three phase units "be very careful"!!! The price
is now $50 for the darn thing... A few folks are already interested but
they might no longer be now that the voltage is really 140 VAC. Apparently
the current is still correct.
I have a bunch of variacs I am cleaning up to sell soon once I figure out
what the "really" are :[
I have a motorized variac for sale:
It is 240VAC in 0-280VAC out 15 amps 60Hz. The motor is 120VAC
controlled. You put voltage to one set of terminals and it goes counter
clockwise. Voltage to the other set goes clockwise. It takes 30 seconds
to go from zero to full.
It was originally part of a three phase stack but I removed the other two
sections for sale separately since coilers typically do not use three phase.
It is a little dirty and dusty, but seems to work fine. Since these
motorized ones are a little hard to get, I thought I would check if anyone
here wants it before it goes to Ebay...
I am asking $70 for it which includes shipping inside the USA. I
guarantee it for 90 days against conking out by itself. Looks like there
is plenty of wear left on the brush and all that.
If interested, contact me at:
First come, first serve.