[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Info on building secondary
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Info on building secondary
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:29:51 -0600
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old-return-path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:32:06 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <erW8sB.A.QyF.MO-ZCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sec should start 3 inches up on the lower end to insure proper coupling.
Use two disks inside about 3.5 inches down from the upper end and 5 inches
in from the lower end.
> I'm about to start winding a secondary.
> I have an 8.5" x 42" form.
> Question 1. Should I start and stop two inches from the ends?
> (letting the last turn coil in a wide spaced turn to the top)
> Question 2. Should I put insulating plexiglas plates inside the tube
> several inches from each end plate?
> ( how many inches?)