[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Corona bottles @ .001 mfd
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: RE: Corona bottles @ .001 mfd
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:52:20 -0600
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old-return-path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:52:46 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <Ul-rlD.A.B_H.9TqZCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: "Mark Dunn" <mdunn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I've used MGD bottles. (24) gives total of 18 nF(.750 nF per bottle).
After about a year capacitance dropped from 18 to 16.5 nF. Believe
corrosion on the carriage bolts I used for the electrodes in each bottle
to be the cause.
Original poster: Davetracer@xxxxxxx
I am sorry to have to re-ask, I thought I saved the answer, but I
can't find it!
Right now I'm running the tinfoil-on-glass/plastic capacitors. The
coil definitely needs more capacitance. The calculators, based on the
windings and so forth, indicate the coil wants to be ringing at about
khz, but the 'scope indicates that the (radiated) energy is at about 750
I wanted to ask again how many Corona bottles people have used in
water-based capacitors to approach .001 mfd, which is what this coil
I can tune it in from there.
p.s. No call-back from the Red Rocks people yet.