RE: Corona bottles @ .001 mfd

Original poster: "Mark Dunn" <mdunn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dave:

I've used MGD bottles.  (24) gives total of 18 nF(.750 nF per bottle).
After about a year capacitance dropped from 18 to 16.5 nF.  Believe
corrosion on the carriage bolts I used for the electrodes in each bottle
to be the cause.

Mark

Original poster: Davetracer@xxxxxxx

I am sorry to have to re-ask, I thought I saved the answer, but I can't find it!

     Right now I'm running the tinfoil-on-glass/plastic capacitors. The
coil definitely needs more capacitance. The calculators, based on the
windings and so forth, indicate the coil wants to be ringing at about
400
khz, but the 'scope indicates that the (radiated) energy is at about 750
khz.

     I wanted to ask again how many Corona bottles people have used in
water-based capacitors to approach .001 mfd, which is what this coil
wants.
I can tune it in from there.

     Thank you,

     Dave Small

p.s. No call-back from the Red Rocks people yet.