Re: Terry's DRSSTC - Controller Experiment

Hi,

Antonio is right, as the coil is de-tuned, the top voltage tends to stay rather constant but the primary current tends to rise dramatically!! I think Steve reported he could run with a very highly detuned coil but I suspect he was driving far higher current through is big IGBTs.

I am tuning my DRSSTC by finding the point of least current draw. On both sides of Fo the current goes way up. It seems at the best tuning the current draw is the lowest.

I am not concerned about which mode it is in since the drivers do not care and I really don't care either ;-)

I think I can run my old Magnifier with the DRSSTC driver too. I may have to make a new top holder since I think I "borrowed" that from the magnifier. With the DRSSTC now, the magnifier should be far easier to study.

Cheers,

        Terry