[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Advice for new coil
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Advice for new coil
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 07:07:49 -0600
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old-return-path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 07:10:23 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <B4Sg6C.A.wHE.3AmYCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: Rich Simpson <richcreations@xxxxxxxxx>
After destroying the secondary of my first coil by running it with a 6-MOT
stack (it was only a 4" coil, and not very well made, but the burnt plastic
smell was impressive) I decided to start again.
I have all the thin walled 4" green sewer pipe (not foam cored) I could want.
I do not want to use the MOTS again right now, but will continue to use
I have a single static (air blast) gap, made from 1" pipe, made of
copper/pvc) fed by a shopvac
Primary will be a flat pancake of 1/4 copper tubing, how many turns should
it have? what outside dia?
I have a lot of "beer bottle caps", in series strings of 3 bottles x
however strings I need, I plan to build a MMC later, but cash is short.
I have 15kv/60ma worth of NST right now, but want to be able to add more
later (120ma total), how much is a 4" coil good for?
I was planning on using 22AWG wire for the secondary, is this a good
choice? About how tall should the secondary winding be?
I tried using JavaTC, but I do not have enough info to figure it out, and I
use a mac, so no wintesla, or other useful stuff...