[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: DRSSTC Magnifier Mark 1
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: DRSSTC Magnifier Mark 1
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 11:10:06 -0600
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Old-return-path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 11:12:44 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <IWdSVC.A.SkF.zdUYCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: "Mercurus2000" <mercurus2000@xxxxxxx>
You might want to try to find a way to increase the coupling on the primary
and secondary coils too, you should get better output.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 3:39 PM
Subject: DRSSTC Magnifier Mark 1
> Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>
> Hey guys!
> I just built my first magnifier of any sort, and of course its DRSSTC
> driven ;-). I should mention that i have NO idea what im doing when
> it comes to magnifier design... i just thought i'd try something and
> see how it goes. Worked great! Check out the page i made for it
> (includes spark pics!)
> The magnifier seems to be pretty well behaved. My max spark length so
> far is about the same as when it was a 2-coil system. That is, 35"
> from a 11" tall resonator ;-). Its just that now the sparks arent
> always hitting the strike ring! :-). I might just have to move up to
> a full-bridge drive to really get the sparks flowing! There isnt so
> much of a limit now that the coil can be elevated off the ground more.
> The magnifier required a lower tuning than before, which is what i
> expect since i have more effective leakage L to resonate there, as
> well as more capacitance.
> This was just a "test", cooler things should come along soon, need to
> order some magnet wire! Whats also nice is that the conversion from
> 2-coil to 3-coil was very easy!
> Questions and comments welcome.
> Steve Ward