To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: Cap orientation

Original poster: "Gerald  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Oops, I'll reply to my own reply. My eyes must have played tricks on me and I read the
frequency as 833 KHz. So if 833 Hz is correct, you have a mighty large coil, yes??

Gerry R

Original poster: "Gerald  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm thinking that either your coil is mighty small or it doesn't have much of a topload. Without an appropriate topload, your primary inductance will be too small and the primary current will be too large. Maybe some dimensions are in order.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Steven Steele" <sbsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

My TC should resonate at about 833Hz, I know that for a fact. I'm getting 15 15uf 2kv MMCs. I'm thinking I need my total capacitance to equal about 9.3nf, but I'm not entirely sure. Can somebody please validate that for me?
Also how should I arrange the caps? Right now I'm think of makinging an adjustable rig for my caps so I can play with the capacitance while the TC is running to tune it, but I'd rather not do that. Thanks.

Steven Steele