Re: capacitance of homemade caps

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr@xxxxxxx>

Hey Steven...

the leaning curve for T-Coiling is steep huh ?  ;) ....

depends on what type of homemade caps you are using...    rolled, plate, etc...

I have a Xcel sheet designed to find out cap size but you have to input a few parameters...

attached is the file

hope this can be found in a temp directory Terry will set up for it ( HINT HINT TERRY !!! ) ;)

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/caps.xls

Scot D

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Steven Steele" <sbsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

How could I find the capacitance of my hommade caps? I can't do anything with an o-scope to measure it becaus the caps require high voltages to charge them at all. Maybe if I used a DC power supply, like a computer moniter, and set it up with a spark gap, I may be able charge it longer than .008 seconds(half the period of a 60Hz waveform), and I could time how long it takes (approximately) for the spark to break out.Do ya'll think that would work?

Steven Steele