Re: LC IV

Original poster: Paul Nicholson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Jared wrote:

> We had a half wave on one side and a one and a half wave
> on the other side.

> we then unraveled half of the wire from the half wave coil
> and ran it out the window into the back yard.

The unwound piece then represents 1/8th the total resonant
length.

Let's say the velocity factor on that piece changed from about
2 to about 1.  Then the overall electrical length changed by
around a fraction 1/16th, say around 6% (disregarding any extra
capacitive loading on the resonator).

That would be consistent with the modest reduction of output
spark length observed.
--
Paul Nicholson