Re: Golka Photos

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On 4 Apr 2005, at 20:40, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Paul B. Brodie" <pbbrodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> All,
> In the new photos Mike posted, the picture labeled "Inside Building
> View Coil At Climax Mine Leadville Co.jpg" appears to show the coil
> built on top of a raised floor, maybe as much as 2 feet off the
> ground. Someone had mentioned that the coil may have suffered from
> some parasitic losses due to being on the ground. Paul Brodie Think
> Positive

Two feet off the ground is not a lot, even for a small primary. You
can see the differences for yourself by measuring the primary Q
without the gap being present and placing the primary at different
elevations. You may even be as surprised as I was when I first did it.
I wonder if they've thought to monitor ground temperature rise under
the primary?

Malcolm