[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Building Stuff... (OT?)
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Building Stuff... (OT?)
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 20:37:56 -0600
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old-return-path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 20:41:52 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <Mgz06C.A.zUF.urfUCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: dave pierson <davep@xxxxxxxx>
NPR/Talk of the Nation/Science Friday had a segment on:
'build it yourself gadgets'
Apparently a couple of books out on the revival of the
I was highly amused at the speed with which the 'experts' said:
Nothing can be built from discarded microwave ovens.
Uhuhhhhhhh. I suspect visions of safety lawsuits danced thru
their heads. (to be fair: there ARE 'build it yourself 'death ray'
plans', based on microwave bits floating about: there are
(Audio clip via www.npr.org, work down to Talk of the nation, show for 1
Maybe Science Friday could be invited to a Teslathon....