[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tesla UV apparatus?
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Tesla UV apparatus?
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 13:04:58 -0600
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old-return-path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 13:09:34 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <cMxIr.A.S5.nDZUCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Back during Cheesehead I, one person had a soil cooker that could make
made fulgarites. I think the spec was around 20A @ 20 KV output into a
flower pot of wet sand. Electrodes were carbon arc electrodes for a
trooper followspot. I think Terry Blake might still have pictures up on
David E Weiss "
There is a natural example of something similar in the driveway of a
house just south of me. A whole bunch of black and fused grooves in the
concrete, in the familiar "branching tree" form of an HV discharge,
apparently caused many years before we moved here when a tree limb
contacted the 2200 V transmission line and melted a conductor, which
fell onto the driveway and, according to eye witnesses, "danced around
emitting sparks and humming" until someone or something opened the line.