Re: Golka Photos

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>

Malcolm, all

Thanks for posting these photo`s.

It is my opinion that they, together with the other photo`s of Golka`s coils posted lately, will serve to establish respect for Mr. Golka`s name and acheivements.

The word "Crank" used to pop up in my mind when hearing Golka`s name. Now I respond from an awestruck position.

What a sad thing it is, that there is such bad blod btwn. him and his conpemporarys. My wish is that there may be forgivenes for the sole sake of the involved parties.

And this puts me in the odd position, as to claim, that mr. Gerald G. Jampolsky`s litle book "Forgiveness" is Tesla related reading.

To forgive is not to accept og support the actions of the forgiven, but to get peace of mind of the forgiving.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,
I scanned a couple of photos I obtained a long time ago from some Science magazine of Robert Golka's early replica of Tesla's CS coil. Terry has kindly put them at:

<http://hot-streamer.com/temp/Malcolm/>http://hot-streamer.com/temp/Malcolm/

FWIW there are also a couple of photos of mine there, one being my very first working coil run from a transistor interrupted ignition coil off a 12VDC power supply complete with ceramic cap "MMC" c. 1979, and the second being an action shot of the last serious coil I built c. 1993. All my coiling since then (and there has not been a great deal in the past 3 or 4 years) has been experimental.

Malcolm