[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Golka Photos
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Golka Photos
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 08:43:20 -0600
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Old-return-path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 08:46:47 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <Rht9hC.A.LJF.VNVUCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>
Thanks for posting these photo`s.
It is my opinion that they, together with the other photo`s of Golka`s
coils posted lately, will serve to establish respect for Mr. Golka`s name
The word "Crank" used to pop up in my mind when hearing Golka`s name. Now I
respond from an awestruck position.
What a sad thing it is, that there is such bad blod btwn. him and his
conpemporarys. My wish is that there may be forgivenes for the sole sake of
the involved parties.
And this puts me in the odd position, as to claim, that mr. Gerald G.
Jampolsky`s litle book "Forgiveness" is Tesla related reading.
To forgive is not to accept og support the actions of the forgiven, but to
get peace of mind of the forgiving.
Cheers, Finn Hammer
Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I scanned a couple of photos I obtained a long time ago from some
Science magazine of Robert Golka's early replica of Tesla's CS coil.
Terry has kindly put them at:
FWIW there are also a couple of photos of mine there, one being my
very first working coil run from a transistor interrupted ignition coil
off a 12VDC power supply complete with ceramic cap "MMC" c. 1979, and the
second being an action shot of the last serious coil I built c. 1993. All
my coiling since then (and there has not been a great deal in the past 3
or 4 years) has been experimental.