RE: Streamer colour

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>Is the first "real" data I have seen about Bob Golka's coil!!

Yes, thanks Mike, it's great to see some pictures of this legendary machine!
I'm looking forward to hearing about Golka's diesel train experiments too. I
hear that trains use IGBTs in the traction circuitry now so maybe he could
do a locomotive-powered DRSSTC next :-)

>Has the "secret" quench gap indicated on the Golka's spec sheet become >"declassified" yet?

It is shown in one of the pictures and to me it looks like part of an old
gas-filled HV circuit breaker from a substation or such like. A SF6 breaker
would make a pretty good quench gap if you jammed the contacts at the right
distance apart, and maybe filled it with hydrogen instead. So that's my
guess.

Steve Conner