Salt water cap basics.

Original poster: "Colin Quinney" <crquin-at-rogers-dot-com>

Hi,

I have a question. First off I should say I have never built a coil, and my
experience with high voltage is so far limited to less than 30 Kv. I
thought salt water being a conductor would just short out a cap. What is
the advantage over using pure distilled water. Why does it work? How does
it work? Oops that's four questions. Sorry, I'm sure it's a common question
for newbies. Is there a FAQ or is the answer in the archives? Thanks.

Best Regards,
Colin Quinney