Sources for spun aluminum toroids

Original poster: "Scott Hanson" <huil888-at-surfside-dot-net>

Chris -

As far as I know, there are only three actual manufacturers of spun aluminum
toroids in North America. (I don't know where Information Unlimited obtains
their toroids.)

1. John Freau. John's toroids are the most reasonable cost-wise, but he only
offers smaller sizes. If you need a toroid for a smaller coil, these can't
be beat. John's toroids are "home made", but are of excellent quality.

The price for the 4" x 13" spun toroid with spin-polish finish is $118.
Other sizes are:
1.75" x 6" $43 (spin polish)
5" x 16"   $183 (pristine brushed finish)
I believe these prices include shipping in the continental USA.

Contact John at FutureT-at-AOL-dot-com.

The commercial manufacturers of spun toroids are:

2. O.W. Landergren Inc. in Pittsfield, Massachusetts (see
www.owlandergren-dot-com)

3. Ross Engineering in Campbell, California (see
www.rossengineeringcorp-dot-com)

The products from the last two sources are of world-class quality but you
better be prepared to pay for it!

Other "sources" purchase toroids from one of these three actual
manufacturers and sell them with some markup in price.

Regards,
Scott Hanson