Re: Secondary catastrophe

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq-at-uol-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

 > It is easy to splice so I would do that.  You do want to have enough
 > secondary turns on the secondary.  To make the splice, file the
 > wire at an angle using a jeweler's file.  Rest the wire on a piece of
 > wood while filing it.  File it only one one side.  Don't remove any
 > insulation except where filing.  Make the angle about 1/4" long or
 > so.  Make the wire into a wedge shape at the end in other words.

Ok that this is better, but if you find difficult to file #22 wire,
just solder one wire over the other, letting the solder make rounded
ends in the joint. With some varnish applied over the finished
windings, the insulation will be good and no corona will appear at
the splice. I have a secondary coil with five of these splices,
and it works perfectly well.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz