Re: House Protection

Original poster: Kurt Schraner <k.schraner-at-datacomm.ch>

Robert,
A screen of insulating material between the top-terminal of your coil and
the  ceiling can efficiently reduce arcovers. Please see:

http://home.datacomm.ch/k.schraner/hv_screen.htm

I had much better success with this method, than my coiler buddy Andy with
a grounded wire mesh cover of the ceiling. The height of my basement-lab
room is 255cm (100" ) the coils toroid top stands 158cm (62"), and the
screen is 24cm (9.5") below the ceiling. I'm drawing >2m (79") arcs from my
8" twin, and my computer stands in the room above the lab, just about in
the region of one of the twin terminals. I don't seem to have problems with
it, even when I occasionaaly forget to shut the PC down before throwing sparks.

Best regards
              Kurt