Re: Variac???

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Hi Levi...

a speed controller is basically the same thing as a lite dimmer
switch...   it modifies the AC sine wave by clipping off portions of the
wave thus reducing power and voltage.  Tesla coils prefer to have the full
sine wave and current capacity with a varied voltage for controlling
purposes. The variac does exactly what the second senario needs.....    a
full sine wave at lower voltages.

Scot D