Re: Plate parasitic suppression chokes

Original poster: Shad Henderson <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi Brad,

   Simply because I had them on hand, I use 10W, 8 ohm non-inductive
resistors, and wound about 15-20 turns of 18ga wire around the outside
of them.  The coil of wire supports most of the current flow, but the RL
choke it forms blocks the HV parasitics from making the tube do some
weird oscillations.  I also use a similar choke on the grid connection,
again because I had the parts on hand.  Anything from a few ohms to 1k
or so should work fine.  Be sure to put RF bypass capacitors on the
filament too!  And an RF bypass cap on the plate transformer isn't a bad
idea either.