Re: SSTC hits 66"

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner" <ggreen-at-gwtc-dot-net>
>Hello Dan
>
>I don't understand these solid state power supplies. Can
>you recommend some study materials that would bring one
>to a level where one could actually design them.
>If you can design them, then you understand completely.
>I hope one doesn't need to have a complete EE background.
>Those of us who don't understand will have to stay with
>spark gap coils. Can you guess mate the cost of the
>supply for your PSSTC.
>
>Godfrey Loudner

I second Godfrey's motion....   where is a website(s) that explain a bit
more detail on how these beauties work??  I have a smaller coil gathering
dust that would appreciate being re-activated in the SS mode.

I already have the IGBT's  ( 1200V 100A)    just couldnt get the gate
drivers to work properly ....   need some really good gate driver apps.

while I'm here...  anyone try to use IGBT's to chop a DC supply at 400V and
80A max for current regulation???   I really would like to get away from
the linear pass bank for the laser supply....

Scot D