Re:Copper toroid

Original poster: "acmdq" <acmdq-at-uol-dot-com.br>

 > Original poster: Cody Carse <cac619-at-earthlink-dot-net>
 >
 > Does anyone forsee any problems with using copper as the mat
erial for my
 > toroid. I found some thin copper sheets in my garage I would
  like to make a
 > toroid out of. I have never seen it used but maybe that's ju
st because Al
 > is cheaper. Thanks

No problem. If you will use spinning, copper is harder to
work than aluminum, but not a big problem once you learn
how to anneal it (heat until it starts to change color and
dip it quickly in water). You can also make a segmented
toroid soldering sections, but this would be quite difficult.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz