Re: MOT Wiring Question

Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:
>Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>
>Hi All,
>It was spring cleaning day in Ripon, WI today.  I was able to snag a
>couple of MO's.  The one I have a question about is an old Amana
>Radarange.  Opening it up I saw warning stickers for 4KV.  The medium
>sized MOT's output goes to the cap, and from the cap it goes into another
>smaller xfmr, and from that to the magnatron.  My question is: Is this MOT
>a 4KV one, and is the other xfmr a filiment xfmr?
>David E Weiss
>
>.

Hi David,

Congratulations on a great find! The older Amana's did indeed have a
separate filament transformer as well as one very beefy, well built HV
transformer. I got a similar MO from a friend a year back. They're built
like a tank... :^)

Best regards,

-- Bert --