Re: Length of controlled sparks vs air streamers, was THOR: First observati...

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 3/17/04 2:31:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Steve,

Well that is interesting.  The bang size is consistent also on my
TT-42 coil, so based on your reasoning, my controlled sparks
may be a similar % to the longest sparks compared to what you found.
I'll have to do the comparison one of these days for the TT-42.

I wonder too how much of a bang size variation is tolerable
for holding the continuous spark at a certain length.  It would
seem to me that some degree of variation would be *overcome*
by the hotness of the ion streamer channel.  Breakrate may
be a factor too.  Did the ratio of controlled to free air spark length
remain the same as the breakrate was varied on your coils?

Thanks,
John