Re: Pig setup help.

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 3/14/04 8:47:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Gerry,

I could not decide which way to go when I first set up my 5 kva 14.4 kv
transformer.  I ended up using the mains ground only for the line
filter.  The variac cases and the transformer case are tied together and
connected to a separate ground rod system located close by.  The secondary
coil base and primary strike rail are connected to their own independent
ground rod system located close to where the coil is set up.

The weak link I suppose is to make sure the 60 hz ground always has good
connections and wet soil for the ground rods.

Ed Sonderman