Re: Liquid properties

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>
 >
 > What I was thinking of is to make a single gap (parallel pipe type) with
 > a cooling fluid like ice water circulating inside the pipes.  This would
 > be an attempt to keep the electrodes from heating up at all.  That would
 > eliminate that heat from interfering with the quenching of the gap.  Air
 > could be directed right into the gap area to take care of removing warm
 > air from the area and any excess electrons or ions.
 >
 > Any one have any thoughts on this?
 > I am seriously considering giving it a go.  Or is this barking way up
 > the wrong tree?

The problem would be to keep the high-voltage electricity out of the
cooling water. The water-cooled quenched gap that I was discussing in
the thread about "Quenched gap" uses water tanks with no circulation.
The water may boil, but keeps the gap temperature around 100 degrees
at most while there is enough water.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz