RE: Magnetic quenching.

Original poster: "David Thomson" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Gerry,

I don't have a watt meter at this time so I can only infer the input power
from the transformer rating.  I use a 15kV, 30mA NST so my input power with
the variac open is about 450 watt.

A significant cause for the cool running of my coil is due to the secondary
construction technique.  After studying Tesla's Wardencliffe patents and
previous patents concerning secondary coil shapes, I deduced that the
Wardencliffe secondary is actually a combination flat spiral and tall
solenoid coil.  The introduction of the flat spiral in the secondary appears
to alter the electromagnetic orientation of the electrons and allow the
coils, capacitors and spark gap to run a lot cooler.

With Terry Fritz's guidance, I have just finished setting up a new testing
laboratory for investigating the properties of this type of coil design.  If
my research funding continues as in the past few months, I'll buy a new
digital watt meter to interface with the DAQ system.

Dave