RE: Safety--NFPA70E and Flashover Clearance Info

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >While tuning, I went
 >from no output to tremendous output, with streamers longer than expected,
 >and therefore hitting the Romex in the ceiling.  I didn't expect this.  If
 >run chicken wire on the ceiling, and ground it out, will this be enough to
 >keep things safe?

Streamers hitting your house wiring doesn't sound very safe, especially if
they make the lights come on, like you mentioned 8-0 The lights could be lit
by the TC energy directly, or it could be starting an arc inside the light
switch that is letting some power through from the 120V line. Either way not
good :(

Grounded chicken wire would probably solve the problem, but you need to
think for a while about what you're going to ground it to... The ideal is a
"Faraday cage"- chicken wire on all your walls, ceiling, and floor, grounded
to the same ground as your secondary base.

I have only hit wires in my ceiling once or twice briefly, and the lights
never lit up :(

http://www.scopeboy-dot-com/tesla/fryingtonight3.jpg

Steve C.