Re: 300 bbs

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Scot,

The coil can run sync. at 100/120, 200/240, 300/360, 400/480,
500/600....you get the picture.
The basic time is set by the motor: 2 flats on the armature, 2 flying
electrodes for 3000/3600 RPM; 4 flats, 4 flying electrodes for 1500/1800RPM.

With this basic setup, multiply the BPS with sets of fixed electrodes.

I have a sync. rotary to go with 300 BPS here:

http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/museum/sparkgap/sparkgap.htm

and details of aligning it here:

http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/museum/setup/setup.htm

Notice that it is probably impossible to get anything near to equal
bangsize without a lot of trial and error adjustment.
Doing it in a simulation makes it possible though.

If a 100/120 BPS coil starts to sound a bit dull to you, try upping the
BPS, it gets a really sharp sound.

Keep in mind that the RMS current on the cap is tripled and maby warrants a
capacitor redesign.

Cheers, Finn Hammer