MISSTC (pronounced mystic) HITS 18" at 210VDC

Original poster: "Jim Mitchell" <Electrontube-at-sbcglobal-dot-net>

Hello List,

My MISSTC (pronounced mystic) hit 18" tonight a few times.  I have yet to
fine tune it,  I just tapped at 5 turns and that seems to give the best
results.  The main limiting factor is the secondary which is only 6"
tall.  Spark length of 3 times the secondary height is respectable.

I am hoping to hook up a voltage doubler tomorrow and see if I can get some
longer sparks without burning the secondary out from racing sparks.

A video, 4.03MB 11 seconds.  The coil hits 18 once in the video.
<http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/electrontube/MISSTC/MOV01522.MPG>http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/electrontube/MISSTC/MOV01522.MPG

Regards - Jim Mitchell