Re: Rotary SG Safety

Original poster: "Arpit Thomas" <arpit-at-inzo-dot-org>

Good point. People have a look at http://www.powerlabs-dot-org/cdexplode.htm
ZYOu can see how when spinning even light objects like cds can do a lot of
damage.
In light of all this it seems to me that RSGs are a lot more expensive than
previously thought. Perhaps Static spark gaps with heaps of
airflow/suction, should be the way to go. I considered that while in the
shower; and I think that the danger with RSGs could be minimised by
enclosing the spinning disk with brick or concrete when its too expensive
to get a properly machined disk. FOr my RSG I'm going to make a laminate of
4 or 5  8 inch angle grinder disks and drill bolts through them. Ill then
attach it to a bench grinder, and surround it in bricks. This will have the
added effect of making the whole operation quieter!