Re: living room lights don't work!!

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Kurt, Gary,
                I have a rare and lucky photo of a streamer from one
of my coils connecting with an anglepoise lamp with a shower of
sparks streaming down from the lamp. The lamp survived (and came on
briefly) but the lampholder and switch were toast. Some weeks later,
a strike to a drillpress frame took out some old insulation in a
drillpress on the opposite side of the room. The final straw was the
mysterious demise of a hub port, the hub being several rooms away but
the cabling being somewhere in the ceiling. As a standard precaution,
all computer cables in the room were unplugged whenever I ran the
coil or that may have smoked as well. The demise of the hub port was
the final hint that running the coil in the back room of the workshop
wasn't a great idea.

Malcolm