Re: Bleed resistors for MMC caps

Original poster: "Mark Broker" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Each capacitor needs its own bleeder resistor.  Placing one large resistor
across the MMC could lead to a condition in which capacitors in a string
could be individually charged but yet maintains a net charge of zero.  I'm
not certain what conditions these are, but I still think it's a very good
idea to use individual bleeder resistors.

The transformer will actually short the entire capacitor when the power is
removed anyway, so your relay wouldn't have much effect.

Mark Broke
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group