Re: High Voltage Output

Hi Antonio,

You are right, my intuition was that inductance was proportional to the
number of turns, which was wrong.  I went back to the text books to find out
why the N^2 relationship and basically, if one uses the definition of
inductance L=flux/current and looks at the inductance of one turn, that
inductance will be proportional to the number of turns since the total flux
will be proportional to the number of turns.  So the total inductance is
proportional to the this single turn times the number of turns, hence the
N^2.  There will be a proportionality constant since not all turns are
perfectly coupled into this one turn.

Gerry R.